by admin | February 26, 2016 8:03 am
1 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES : The Aims and objects for Which the society established are as under:-
1. To provide a common platform to all Buddhist traditions and organizations to serve humanity.
i. Lending a united voice to all Buddhist organizations, towards addressing issues of common and global concern, in the spirit of plurality and respect for their respective identities by organizing conference, seminars, symposiums etc. ii. Acting united against all forms of violence and propagating compassion and concept of interdependent nature for world peace.
iii. Advising member organizations and assisting them by providing facilities and resources desirable for the attainment of the objects of IBC.
iv. Widening and deepening the understanding among members and supporting their programs/ projects as well as promoting exchanges of the Sangha worldwide.
v. Fostering the familial character of Dhamma while preserving its multifaceted ways, diversified concepts and traditions with the purpose of enhancing harmony and relationship among different Buddhist traditions.
vi. Identification, conversation and preservation of Buddhist practices, traditions and Buddhist heritage sites and relics worldwide and exploring Buddhist cultural assets.
vii. Fostering and engaging in interfaith dialogue exchanges, collaboration and understanding.
viii. Facilitating constant dialogue between Buddhism and modern sciences.
ix. Working towards inclusion of Buddhist values and principles in educational programs and curriculum.
x. Functioning as a networking body that works with governments as well as member organizations to facilitate Buddhist education exchange programmes including databases on members’ academic programmes.
xi. Promoting regional, national and international research, teaching, and other academic activities among all Buddhist universities and schools, and between Buddhist Universities and other universities as well as research and educational organizations, whether managed by the private sector or by government.
xii. Organizing seminars and exchange programs of Buddhist culture to foster constructive and peaceful cooperation and coordination among social entities.
xiii. Publishing journals.
2. To work towards putting the Buddhist principle of care for all sentient beings in practice for preservation of the environment and nature conservation.
3. To convey the benevolent and compassionate spirit of Buddhism by joining relief ad medical support system worldwide, by supporting and supplementing programmes of international and multinational world bodies.
4. To establish IBC as an international Buddhist body under the umbrella of the United Nation.
5. For charitable society
6. To diffuse useful knowledge.
7. For the foundation and maintenance of libraries or reading rooms for general use among the members or open to the public.
8. To establish museums and galleries of painting and other work of art.
9. To apply and get Registered U/S-10(23C) (iiiab), (iiiad) and vi, u/s 10(23c), (iiic), (iiiac) and (vi A Section 11, 12 and 80G of Income Tax and get Registered in Department of Human resources, FCRA, 1 2 5 FCA development ministry and in management & research organization etc. 10. Society will invest its surplus, money and funds according to Sections-11(5) of the Income Tax Act, 1961. All the incomes, earnings, moveable/ or immovable properties of the society shall be solely utilized and applied towards the promotion of its aims and objects only as set forth in the memorandum of the society and no profit on thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or in directly by way of dividends bonus, profits or in any manner whatsoever to the present or past members of the society or to any person claiming through anyone or more of the present or the past members “no member of the society shall have any personal claim on any moveable or immovable properties of the society or make any profits, whatsoever, by virtue of this membership”.
Source URL: http://ibcworld.org/memorandum-of-the-association/
Copyright ©2017 IBC World unless otherwise noted.